Wilson County DSS has used Northwoods legacy document management solutions across several program areas since 2016. In 2020, recognizing that workers in child welfare and adult services could increase efficiency and streamline processes with a more modern and intuitive product, the agency migrated both units to our cloud-based, modular, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, Traverse. Wilson County DSS utilizes Traverse’s document management, forms management, mobility, and case discovery features.
Traverse empowers Wilson County DSS’ workers with the right information at the right time. Social workers collect, view, and share case content from anywhere at any time using the web-based application and companion mobile apps. Traverse automatically analyzes the data and information collected to bring critical case content to light. Caseworkers understand the past and present to support informed, confident decisions for children, families, and adults.
"Traverse offers several features to support our social work staff. These tools offer immediate support and increase our capacity to work more efficiently and more effectively for our customers,” said Glenn Osborne, director of Wilson County DSS.
Glenn also noted several specific features that improve the quality of the agency’s casework, case documentation, and communication:
- Teams can stay connected whether they’re in the office or out in the field since staff are immediately notified when cases are assigned to them.
- Supervisors and quality assurance staff can provide real-time feedback and leave comments on workers’ in-progress forms and documents before submitting them into the record, which improves quality and completeness of information stored in the system.
- Supervisors can easily access their team’s caseloads in one location and see forms that need review or signature without workers having to email them back and forth.
- Workers can search by name, date of birth, or address to quickly find the cases they need, which also helps them avoid creating duplicate files.
- Social workers save time through the ability to “drag and drop” documents into the system. They can also copy an existing form, report, or assessment, update the information they need, and then create a new version to finalize instead of starting from scratch.
“If your agency is looking for a document management solution, we would absolutely recommend Traverse,” Glenn said. “Traverse captures the awesome work our social workers do every day with its easy-to-learn, worker-friendly, and reliable software. Traverse supports our team in providing quality and efficient services.”